While Fifty Shades of Gray has a happy ending, I would have to say mine had a happy ending because I didn't wind up as a cautionary tale from an episode of Criminal Minds. Obviously, I didn't end up with my "fifty shades," but that is an extremely good thing!
I mentioned that Damien had a lot of prescription bottles in his truck. He said he had just gotten over the flu, but I found out that wasn't the case, at all. One of our next dates we went up to Point Park and walked around. While we were looking off of the mountain you could see Moccasin Bend. He points and tells me that he was his own room there that they keep ready for whenever he dropped by. Naturally, I laughed at his joke. It was a joke? Right?
Of course, it's a joke. So, I agree to another date. Oddly enough, all of our dates had been in the dark up until this one. This time we got together during daylight and met for lunch. I noticed this horrible scar on his arm, but (having learned my lesson from the tourettes incident of before) I didn't ask any questions. Unfortunately, I kept staring at it and he finally realized it. He asked if I had noticed his scar and I said, "Yes." He said that he had knocked a bottle of acid off of a shelf at work and when it started falling it broke on the next shelf and splattered on his arm before he moved back. It was a fairly gruesome scar, but of course, I believed his story. (Yet another shade.)
After our lunch date we had a couple more dates and I invited him to my house for dinner. We had a very nice evening and he was really good with Spike. (It would take me a while to realize that Spike did NOT like him.) After a couple more dates I started wondering why he didn't invite me to his place. (One more shade.)
Our next lunch date started around 1:45. Around 2:30 he told me he had to leave to go pick his daughter up from school. What?! What?! You have to go pick up what?! You have a daughter?! You are a father?!
"Kristie, I'm sorry I should have told you sooner, but since you don't have children I didn't want to scare you off because I have a child. I really like you and really want to keep seeing you. Please, don't let this scare you off," said Damien.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me you had a daughter," said I.
Damien responded, "I know. I really should have, but I never mention it on the first date and I'm really falling for you and I was just afraid if I mentioned it you would be upset. I can't wait for you to meet her. You are so wonderful, I know you'll be great with her. Please forgive me. Please don't end this because I was afraid you would leave." (You would think the fact that I taught school and obviously loved kids would show any guy I dated I wasn't worried about them having children.)
At this point all I heard was "blah, blah, blah, I'm really falling for you, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I immediately told him that it didn't matter at all. I do wish he had told me right off the bat, but I love children and couldn't wait to get to meet his daughter. (This would account for several more shades.)
I mentioned that Damien had a lot of prescription bottles in his truck. He said he had just gotten over the flu, but I found out that wasn't the case, at all. One of our next dates we went up to Point Park and walked around. While we were looking off of the mountain you could see Moccasin Bend. He points and tells me that he was his own room there that they keep ready for whenever he dropped by. Naturally, I laughed at his joke. It was a joke? Right?
Of course, it's a joke. So, I agree to another date. Oddly enough, all of our dates had been in the dark up until this one. This time we got together during daylight and met for lunch. I noticed this horrible scar on his arm, but (having learned my lesson from the tourettes incident of before) I didn't ask any questions. Unfortunately, I kept staring at it and he finally realized it. He asked if I had noticed his scar and I said, "Yes." He said that he had knocked a bottle of acid off of a shelf at work and when it started falling it broke on the next shelf and splattered on his arm before he moved back. It was a fairly gruesome scar, but of course, I believed his story. (Yet another shade.)
After our lunch date we had a couple more dates and I invited him to my house for dinner. We had a very nice evening and he was really good with Spike. (It would take me a while to realize that Spike did NOT like him.) After a couple more dates I started wondering why he didn't invite me to his place. (One more shade.)
Our next lunch date started around 1:45. Around 2:30 he told me he had to leave to go pick his daughter up from school. What?! What?! You have to go pick up what?! You have a daughter?! You are a father?!
"Kristie, I'm sorry I should have told you sooner, but since you don't have children I didn't want to scare you off because I have a child. I really like you and really want to keep seeing you. Please, don't let this scare you off," said Damien.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me you had a daughter," said I.
Damien responded, "I know. I really should have, but I never mention it on the first date and I'm really falling for you and I was just afraid if I mentioned it you would be upset. I can't wait for you to meet her. You are so wonderful, I know you'll be great with her. Please forgive me. Please don't end this because I was afraid you would leave." (You would think the fact that I taught school and obviously loved kids would show any guy I dated I wasn't worried about them having children.)
At this point all I heard was "blah, blah, blah, I'm really falling for you, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I immediately told him that it didn't matter at all. I do wish he had told me right off the bat, but I love children and couldn't wait to get to meet his daughter. (This would account for several more shades.)
This just gets better and better!
ReplyDelete